Frequently Asked Questions
Neural activity from the heart sends information to the brain via the autonomic nervous system. Incoherent heart rhythms inhibit brain function, impairing performance and amplifying energy drains.
HeartMath has developed self-regulation techniques that enable you to shift into a coherent and composed state anytime, anywhere. This heart rhythm pattern is termed Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and is a very important measure of our overall health and resilience.
With time a person can learn to put themselves in a coherent state and become more aware of when they are in an incoherent state. A biofeedback component helps aid in learning to regulate your HRV.
If you would like further information on HeartMath's research please visit www.heartmath.org
HeartMath is a registered trademark of Quantum Intech, Inc. (dba HeartMath, Inc.).
Who uses coherence training?
Coherence training is used by athletes, the military, law enforcement as well as hospitals and health professionals, schools, universities and businesses. HeartMath Research has been published in over 280 peer review journals.
How will learning to regulate the physiology of my body through my emotions help me?
- Increase situational awareness in relationships, meetings and projects
- Enhance ability to focus, process information and solve problems
- Heighten creativity and innovation
- Increase ability to handle challenging clients and situations
- Increase access to intuition for fast, effective decision-making on complex issues
- Increase regenerative sleep
- Increase vitality and resilience
- Reduce stress, worry and fatigue